Your visit Plus > 5987

Saturday, November 27, 2010

It's easier say than done.....

Join 3 of my girlfriend for a drink after work. One of the girls 'Mei' was telling us how her 81yrs old mother drive her crazy, and we were exchanging note about our mother. After hearings all their stories about their mom, thank god... my mom was really an angel. Well... after a few drinks one lead to another we end up talking about grief. Mei was saying, she had done her duty as a daughter, providing the best for her mother and not feeling guilty if she pass on, she'll not grief because she is now learning to "detach". Can we really "detach"? I think is easier say then done. I told myself while I was taking care of my mom that 'I will have no regrets or that guilty conscious' when mom pass on because I took care and gave her the best......in reality..... it's not like that, after mom pass on I have this feeling that if I had done this or that, she'll not fall sick or she'll not die, you know that sort of things, so I believe when the time come Mei will surely feel the same. Talking about grief ting, they think I am very strong and handle the grief very well. Truthfully....it was not easy, I said....some people grief openly, as for me I grief quietly inside and put a very strong front even till today it's hard, because I stayed with mom for 20yrs under the same roof doing everything together for 7300days, and..... everything has a memories. Again....can we really "detach"?

3 comments:

Lorenza said...

You are so right.
It is easier say it than done it.
And the grief process depends on every person.
I really don't know how it will be for me but, when I came from work and my mom is not at home because she went out to run errands, I feel like I miss her, even knowing that she will be back in a few minutes.
Take care
Veronica

mun said...

I wouldn't use the word detach. I would say "be at peace with yourself with her passing on to a better world". My father passed away in 1996 and over the years, I at peace with his death and no longer question myself on what I could have done better because everyone moves on sooner and later when the time is up.

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

You are right Veronica, it all depends on individual.

Thanks Mun, will try doing that.