Your visit Plus > 5987

Monday, November 08, 2010

Siem Reap 2010

I better get started before I go on the cruise in a few days time. I am back to Cambodia, Siem Reap again, to fulfil a promise that I made on my last trip. This time was with daughter "Redbabe" and an old couple friend. The weather was not as good, it is super hot, unlike the last trip in 2009, it was rainy almost through out the whole trip, which is better if you ask me, I would prefer raining because it's much cooler. When it is super hot, it spoil everything, sticky and sweaty and our Tour Guido suck, thank god we had good company, an Indian mother and daughter happen to joined into our group and we click well, had great fun laughing, joking and comparing notes about that suck Guido(I can't even remember his name) who carry an umbrella any time in the day whether it rain or shine, really funny guy, and very unhelpful Tourist guide
Talking about photo taking....well....since I had been here before and took many picture, on my last trip, I just kind of enjoying the scenery more than photo shooting. Anyway, here is some comparison on the photo from before and now just for fun, hahaha. The reflexion in the pond of Angkor Wart is not so good this trip because of the dry season. The rainbow bridge without the rainbow this time. This part was close the last year.
This 2 headless Buddha is no more in "Angkor Wart", according to the Guido it's already moved to the national museum.
By the way Redbabe took alot of picture but not yet finish editing, she will post in "Redbabe's Cozy Corner" as soon as it's ready.
This time round we went to a few shopping area in the local market, and saw a manicure, pedicure and hair saloon in the middle of the wet market which we'll never see it in Malaysia, over here such business is always located in shop lots.
And this.....guess what they are selling? Snake meat? When I first looked at it, I thought it was snake meat too, hahaha.... NO, NO.......It's dried boneless fish meat, amazing isn't it? Wonder how it taste?
Even though it's sweaty, sticky, dusty and a sucky Guido, we had great fun and laughter, because we are a group of nice and happy bunch, that made it a very memorable trip.
Have a nice day and smile.......

1 comment:

mun said...

Looks like a good trip with Redbabe, despite the heat. I also wonder how the fish meat will taste like. Enjoy your cruise! Looking forward to reading about it.