Your visit Plus > 5987

Friday, May 28, 2010

Wesak Day

I had so much to write, my thoughts, the finishing of Mom's room, met up with 2 old friends which I have not met for more than 20yrs, and today 'Wesak Day'. Will write about what happen today, and that's 'Wesak Day'. For those who do not know what is 'Wesak Day' it is the birthday of 'Buddha', most important day for Buddhism. Most of the temple will be celebrating this holy day with free vegetarian lunch and many big event like 'float'http://www6.worldisround.com/photos/28/309/186.jpg
lion dance
dragon dance, children dancing and so on, got the above 3 photos from the web,( couldn't make it to the parade so no picture)
*******
I am not the temple type and infact I only visited the temple once a year during Chinese new year for thanks giving. Surprisingly I decided to visited one of the temple to actually see how this day is celebrate, at the same time have a vegetarian lunch, no meat for me today just 1 day, hahaha. The thought of visiting the temple came to my mind while I was driving, so I just pick a temple on my way. And here it is>> I can see the crowd even before I stop my car, a long queue to bath the Buddha, also a long queue to get the food. Wishing candle, These beautiful trays of flower and leave, symbolise the 'Buddha's garden and my plate of lunch.
********
From the cook to the sweeper is all voluntary, as I said before I am not the temple type so I really can't tell you much except snapping photos, let's hope the picture can tell the story, hahaha .

No comments: