Your visit Plus > 5987

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Take Five

The 1st quarter of the year 2010 has been very adventures for me, as you can see in my past entries, Janaury to Sabah, Kota Kinabalu, Febuary Kuantan Cherating, March Sarawak, Kuching and April Vietnam, Ho Chi Ming. And what have I been doing in the 2ND quarter of the year? Nothing much so far, just take it easy for the time being, went to the movie, to the gym, coffee and gossiping with friends, spent more time with my 2 furkids, sudoku and have been working very hard making more money for the next holiday, hahaha... , anyway, that's my life so far........
***********
BUT......At last, I had gathered enough strength and force myself to clear mom's room. Her pretty clothes, personal belongings and many other little things that she cherished. There were a few family photo albums that she kept next to her bed. Memories kept rewinding as I looked thru those old photos. Photos of her children from childhood, school days, family outings, birthdays, holiday photos and so many others. Quietly by herself, in the privacy of her own bedroom, she must have gone through them thousand of times with her magnifying glass. And from these photos, I noticed that of all her 5 children, I am glad that I spent the most time with her.
Found photos of us holidaying in Perth, Lake Toba, HongKong, China and the last was on a cruise. That time, she was already in a wheelchair after suffering a mild stroke. Other than those mentioned, there were countless other local trips too. I am so glad that I had so many many beautiful memories of my mother and I felt so blessed to be able to stay and take care of her till her last breath.
***********
Sorry no photo for this entry, I don't know why I can't get the photo uploaded, any of you encounter such problem lately?

2 comments:

Lorenza said...

Sure you had a sweet and sad task.
I imagine all your mom's things brought you great memories to your mind.
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

mun said...

Treasure those beautiful memories of your mother. Reading your post, I am reminded to accompany my mother more. Thanks for this.