Your visit Plus > 5987

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Panic Monday Morning

Like any other day, as usual, I woke up at 8am and headed for the gym to join their 9am workout class. Just half an hour into the workout routine, my phone rang. It was from my youngest sister. She told me that a brother of our's, who is residing in JB, had a bad accident. It was a hit & run case and he was seriously injured with a broken collar bone and 3 of his ribs. It was such a shocking news for me because we have already lost a nephew and a brother with his wife in two separate car accidents over the years. And now, again? This piece of news brought tears to my eyes. I took a drive down to JB to visit him and see how serious he is and thank god it is not life threatening. After an operation to put in some metal plates and screws, he is ok. And the doctor said he should be able to work in 6 weeks' time.
****
To be honest, even though he has not been very good to me, at times, even scolded me with very harsh words or accused me of unpleasant things, he is still my brother and I can't choose my siblings. I just did what my heart tells me to. Some who knows me might not understand this, just that I don't want to regret in time to come. At least I felt good and did my part as a sister.

3 comments:

Lorenza said...

You are a wonderful human being.
I hope he will be fully recovered soon.
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

i said...

Can imagine the fright you've got on hearing the news. So glad it's not serious. Will be praying for his speedy recovery.

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

thankyou my friends, thankyou