Your visit Plus > 5987

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Mid Autumn Festival

It's 'Mid-Autumn Festival' once again. I remembered mom started to get unwell around this time last year. How time flies... Daughter and son-in-law was here and we had a quiet & cosy celebration. We lighted up some candles, sat at the porch, had mooncakes with chinese tea, it was nice. Unfortunately there was no moon because of bad weather. I took some pictures of the mooncakes that come with a beautiful lantern box which my daughter bought. Just take a look at the packaging...
...a simple box that doubled up as a lantern.
And yet, still able to look so beautiful when lighted up.
Oh yes, also this lovely cute looking cheesecake which my daughter bought. It was really nice and yummy.
One of the best I've ever tasted.

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Yum! the mooncake & cheesecake looks good. I miss the jelly mooncake that we had last time. That was the best mooncake i've ever had :D

Lorenza said...

I have seen Mooncakes in some blogs and I wonder if they are sugary or salty!
How they taste like??
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Redbabe said...

Lorenza: traditionally, they are sweet from redbean paste or lotus paste. but due to modern demand, nowadays they have come out with more varieties ranging from chocolate, jelly & icecream. they even have some salty or spicy ones catered for local preference.

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

ya Samantha, that jelly mooncake really taste good, to think of it, it was long time ago, how time flies.
Lorenza, Redbabe said it all, basically there are sweet.