Your visit Plus > 5987

Saturday, September 26, 2009

My Herbal Hair Colour Experience - Henna

Have been hearing a lot of goodness of 'Henna', a natural herbal hair colour. And since my hair is due for colouring, I made an appointment at this Indian hair saloon called 'Shanthi' to give it a try. Shanthi is a small saloon with only 2 staff. The treatment started off with an oil massage on my scalp which is suppose to promote hair growth and prevent hair loss.
The massage oil smell like coconut oil mixed with something else, which I don't really know what it was. They refused to disclose their secret ingredient. Apparently, it is not for sale too. It is for their saloon use only. It smelled really nice...
After the scalp treatment with their secret ingredient massage oil, they applied this horrible looking stuff call 'Henna', in paste form, on to my hair. When they finished applying, my head resembled a mud ball.
The mud ball of a head of mine was later steamed for 45 minutes. After that, it was left for another half an hour in room temperature to cool before it was washed.
***
Even washing off the 'henna' takes quite a while. They first wash out the 'henna paste' with warm water. After that, my hair was shampoo-ed twice, followed by conditioning. After they are satisfied that my hair is really clean, it was then blow dried.
This is me. Overall it is nice. But the colour kind of a little too light on the root. According to the hairstylist, that's my greys (how sad). But then again, it is because of my grey that I needed the colouring right? She said I need to do at least 4 times before the hair colour balanced out. Meaning, need to spend RM200 to get the colour right (RM50 per session) and not forgetting each session will take up at least 4 hours. Dont you think it is a little tiring?
***

While I was at Shanti's, I found out that they also offered eyebrow threading service. I was so amused by it because the last time I've seen people doing it was way way back during my childhood when I was only 12 years old. Can you imagine how surprised it was for me to actually see them doing it now.

5 comments:

Redbabe said...

oooh... i love the face threading but very painful wor.. face very smooth and nice after the session one. Did once long ago.

as for the hanna paste, it look like a pile of cow dung. :p lols. I am so not having that thing on my head. lols

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

hahaha, I think so, it looks like cow dung.....but is chemical free.

Lorenza said...

My mom used to apply "henna" when she was younger (she has had grey hairs since she was 12 years old!) but she did not like it a lot!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Unknown said...

Cow dung it is hehehe...........

Bets Eyrue said...

Share great information about your blog , Blog really helpful for us . We read your blog , share most useful information in blog . Thanks for share your blog here .
ครีมลดริ้วรอย