Your visit Plus > 5987

Sunday, February 28, 2010

'Chap Goh Mei'

Today is the 15th day of Chinese New Year, also the final day of the festive season. It ended really well for me because all my siblings got back on this 15th day for a reunion before the new year ends.
Unfortunately I didn't managed to join them for the celebration in the restaurant because by time they confirmed the dinner, it was too late for me to make alternate arrangement to close my stall. Since I didn't join them, I made some black glutinous rice dessert with 'tong yuen' for them to enjoy. It is good to eat 'tong yuen' on this special day according to some old ladies'... hahaha!!
Coincidentally, today is also my nephew Wayne's birthday. We celebrated his birthday at the stall with a lovely birthday cake. It's a pity I did not get to enjoy the whole celebration fully as I was extreme busy. But then again, it's not that 'pity' also la because it's good that business is good. Hahaha!! I had another nephew of mine handled my camera. No choice la... business more important. Nothing much to see actually. I wanted him to take some candid shots of everyone on this memorable occasion. Somehow it turned out to be just this miserable pot of dessert...
...and the cake cutting of course. At least some sweet memories.
*************************
In another part, as promised in my last entry, here are some of the photos taken during my CNY holiday. See this sweet little girl, she is my grand niece. Meaning, my cousin's grand daughter. She is really a cutie pie. She was with us throughout at the dinner hosted by Theresa.
This one here is also very very cutie, cute cute. She is the 'JEWEL' of my heart. I made her posed for me. Haha! It was taken at one of the restaurant in Kuantan called 'Duyong'.
At the popular Hai Peng Kopitiam and that's the founder of the shop. See the poster and the real him standing there in the white pagoda tshirt.
The foods... yummy right, especially the stuffed crabs. Signature dish of Kemaman.
As we entered the stuffed crab restaurant, the urn of the 'goddess of earth' were burning - a sign of prosperity. Mind you, it was very very unusual and the fire died down as soon as we sat down. It looks like the fire light up just for us. Prosperity to all of us in the year of the Tiger! hehehe....
Fun time. I love bubble. So does Christian. He had great fun. He went like... "Auntie Popo... I want to be in the bubble...", so I said "Huh? *scratched head* let me see what l can do ok?"...
The swing was also fun... can't remember when was the last time I sat on one or stand on one hahaha.

We left 'Ruby's Resort' after the swing and headed for some local shopping.

So... bye bye Kuantan for now... I'll be back to 'Ruby's Resort' soon!.

2 comments:

Lorenza said...

Thanks for sharing all those pictures!
I don't know but that pot looks like hot chocolate with marshmallows! Haaa!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.