Your visit Plus > 5987

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Year Of The OX

Year of the OX slipped into our family very quietly. The whole family came back and we had our reunion dinner as usual but without
mom. The house was crowded though..... with our family and extended family, nieces and nephews, in-laws and "out-laws", haha...... we entertained ourselves with mahjong and DVDs. According to the the rules of "mourning" period, we are not suppose to go visiting for 100 days. So we all stayed indoor. * As for me l make sure that lunch and dinner are served. It's kind of like not used to living our lives without mom. l would like to say, for the first time mom is not with us this Chinese New Year, I kind of have this feeling of emptiness after everyone gone back to their normal lifestyle, some back to Singapore, some to Kuala Lumpur and some to Johor Bahru. Now, only left me and hubby on our own again to cope without mom. In actual fact, I still felt a little lost. It's hard to express this feeling of 'lost'. It's so mixed up and I have to keep reminding myself that life still have to go on with or without mom.
*
For my nieces and nephews, some are too young to understand what mourning is. It's kind of bored for them to just stay home without doing anything.
*

Lucky for them, the "Euro Park Fun Fair" is here. The whole "bunch" of us, young and old went to the fair. As for the teenagers, they really enjoyed those exciting rides. The younger ones enjoyed just as much but for me, by just looking at those scary and exciting rides, make my heart skipped a beat. It's just so hair raisingly scary.

*
Some of the rides had 90degree turns and some 180degree turn, the swing went so high it just scared the daylight out of me just by looking at it, I rather enjoyed those games like throwing the tin cans, scoop duckiethrowing a dart or a ball to try to win a soft toy. See how happy my "Little Bo Peeps" is when she won that silly "Nimo"
Overall, everybody enjoyed it, eventhough some vomited, some felt giddy and some just enjoyed it without problems... hahaha. It was definately a fun outing for all admist the somber atmosphere at home.

2 comments:

Redbabe said...

shit... there goes my gorgeousness/fabulous title!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.