Your visit Plus > 5987

Thursday, September 11, 2008

When l looked at my mom today, l flash back all my 52yrs of life with her. As far back as l can remember my mother is a very very tough and independent woman who never ever once caned us or complained. She worked very hard together with my father just to keep the five of us well fed and taken care off. l remember we were very poor then.............. they was a time that my mom had to cheat a can of milk to feed us,....... ...... with only 0.30cts to spend for a day's expentiture. l remember that when my dad had an accident with hot curry burning both of his legs, and was hospitalised for about 3mths. .......... we didn't have money to pay our rent, and the nasty landlord, while replacing the atap roof he bypassed our room, and when it rained we had to use buckets and pails to prevent water from flooding our tiny room. My mother work so hard that she only sleeps 4hrs a day. She got her driving license at the age of 40+, my father bought an old car, mom used to drive us to a public swimming pool for a swim whenever she was free. Dad will bring the whole family for picnic by the river side. My mother will sew cloths for the whole family during Chinese new year with same material, she said is cheaper to buy the whole roll, and if we were lost in the crowd its easier to spot(haha). Mom is good in almost everything, she is really hard working never once complained about hardship. She was so strong when my dad passed away suddently, and life just goes on................and six years ago she had a very mild stroke because of her strong character she was 80% back to normal, and just as sudden as the first stroke she is now having quite a bad 2nd stroke. l looked at my mother today........it brings so much tears to my eye, she is unable to talk, swallow, walk and...............she is still deterioting, she cannot move her eyeballs to the left, she is not in control of her bowel, just cannot imagine the sadness that she is going through at this moment not being able to get the message across, to express........... and confined to a wheelchair, life is so meaningless for her and yet life have to go on. 'God have his way of doing things',................. what things? may l ask.............. ?

3 comments:

i said...

You are truly blessed to have a wonderful mother. Hang in there, dear friend. Will continue to keep you and your mom in my prayers.

Molly the Airedale said...

You are a wonderful daughter to your mom and she loves you!
You are both in our thoughts and prayers!

Terence said...

I will keep on praying for her so that she in better health.

Feel so bad 2 hear that she is not in good health.