Your visit Plus > 5987

Saturday, July 26, 2008

The past 1 wk l have been very stressful and worried, it all started when my mom told me that her left leg is kind of weak. She had a mild stroke that affected her right side about 6yrs ago. It is therefore nothing unusual for her left side to feel weak, further more she is 77yrs old,and as she gets older it becomes worse, it will never get better due to lack of exercise, even though l have been telling her to do so years ago !
So, recently I bought her a walking stick, but.......she is shy, refuses to use it and so she fell. Nothing serious just bruises on her knee. Well,.........what's next???.........I took her to the doctor to make sure there are no broken bones and at the same time have a full medical check up to see exactly what is wrong with her that have weaken her leg. Guess what the medical report said: liver no problem, kidney good, b/pressure perfect, sugar beautiful(she is a diebitic), cholestrol ok........see she has healthy genes in her(hope she passed it on to me), the only thing wrong with her is lack of excercise, (which she simply refuses to do,) that's what doctor said..........so...for cases like my mom the "Orthopaedic" doctor advised us to get her a physiu cycle so that she can atleast exercise her legs and arms at home and at the same time give her pharmaton and ginsen powder (hopefully it help)......not only am I stressed over her sickness, I' m also stretched over my poor wallet!!!!!!!!!!
Since my mom's had that mild stroke six years ago, our house is like a mini physiotherapy studio^_^, an OTO foot massager, a threadmill which she don't want to use, and now a physio cycle, on top of those, we have a wheel chair and now a walker.
Looking at my mom, l start to imagine what would all of us be like when we are at her age.........

2 comments:

Lorenza said...

Sure your mom has a good health! Glad to hear that!
I hope you can convince her to make some excercise.
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

i said...

I know what that's like. It sure is hard to change the mindset of old people at times. Good to know your mom is in good health.