Your visit Plus > 5987

Sunday, October 07, 2007

"Uncle, please help me wake my daddy up, he has been sleeping in that box for too long "it was so heart breaking to hear my 4yrs old grand nephew say this to my cousin. He cannot understand why his father is sleeping in that box for so long, black was his favourite colour, and now he refuses to wear black, somehow or other I felt that he was trying to convey the message that he is not accepting the fact that his daddy is no more alive. It was a bad car accident, that took my nephew's life instantlly leaving wife and 2 young sons. When my grand nephew came back from the burial ceremony he told me this "my daddy is not coming back, they put him in that hole because he didn't wake up" and this time he refused to wear red. He screamed and cried when they tried to put on a red shirt for him. It's really sad to see him crying so hard to convey a meassage accross which we cannot understand what he is trying to say. Anyway after all the hassel, I managed to bath and put on the red shirt on him, after wearing the red shirt he seem back to normal , I think he has accepted the fact that his daddy is dead.......... So............. it's time for me to go home, and this is what he said to me "don't drive so fast, l won't be able to help you if anything should happen !" l was shocked and then he turned to Lester and said "uncle Lester drive slowly" (mun mun chia ) It's been a very very sad weekend ..........................he was my farvourite nephew, loved him lotssss............

3 comments:

traCe said...

Life is really unpredictable; I hope your grand nephew + his family will be OK soon.

i said...

What a tragedy. Hope they'll be strong in this time of grieving.

Serena said...

Sorry to hear that. Stay strong.