Your visit Plus > 5987

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It's HOT and DRY

My little hometown, Kluang, also known as the 'bat town', smacked right in the middle of Johor, South of Malaysia, has been hit by a dry spell. There were only 3 to 5 minutes long of rain
here since January and our reservoir is at the verge of drying up. The whether is so freaking hot that it is best to go out in our birthday suit, hehehe. The temperature is about 35-40 degree on average. Water level is very very low and the water department had to turn off the tap every alternate day just to save some water, hoping that our reserve can last longer and that the rain will start pouring down soon. We have to store water in these big containers for the house and shop's usage.
It created so much extra work and inconveniences. Just look at these grass. All dried up.
The river that I used to swim when I was young even have grass sprouting out in the middle. Which mean, the river is also drying up. Bush fire was everywhere. This small fire is just next to my house.
The best part is, our state (Johor) have been selling water to Singapore since 1950 something. So you see, maybe it is the Singaporean that have drank up all our water supplies... hahaha......
When I was young, if it rain, I used to sing "rain, rain, go away, come again another day". And now it definitely had to be "rain, rain, come and stay, nothing like a rainy day" erm.....maybe I should be a lyric composer, Wa.....ha.....ha

3 comments:

mun said...

Let's do the rain dance and hope that it rains heavily soon!

Lorenza said...

Sure you are having a water problem there!
Rainy days are not funny... well... in my opinion! But I understand we need the rain... from time to time!
I wish you many many rainy days soon!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Anonymous said...

Approvingly your article helped me terribly much in my college assignment. Hats high to you post, wish look progressive in the direction of more interrelated articles without delay as its united of my favourite subject-matter to read.